I had the pleasure of doing a sewing job for a friend this week. Making her sons first birthday outfit! She purchased the clothes and fabric, and I put it together.
It was a fun project, and he looked very cute in it today 🙂
It’s been pretty chilly here recently, and I only have one, that right, only one, scarf!! Unbelievable!
I found it really easy to follow and managed to use up the rest of the yarn I had leftover from the Lomond hat Ive been sporting around this winter. Then some more leftover yarn, and some vintage buttons I had. And voila! Hopefully a warm neck!
I finished these bibs last night, and now they are up on my Etsy store. Admittedly, I had almost finished them about 2 weeks ago, but… I didnt have enough of the right coloured snaps, so I had to wait for some more.
Still my favourite of the catch-all bibs is the stripey ones. I sold one to a friend last week and it jet-setted off to the UK for a lucky little baby boy 🙂
I think this will be the second last colour in the catch-all bibs for a while. I’m going to be (as promised for a long time!) releasing some patterns soon 🙂
Well, its done, and in the nick of time. Not long now until I will have a 4 year old!
That was a marathon, if I say so myself. The 5 year old declared, “Its the best dress you have ever made”, so that made me feel like it was worth the extra effort. It also fits, Im only not happy with minor things that don’t matter, and I took enough pictures to make a very long tutorial!
Hopefully, the tutorial will be up in a week or two. Prepare yourself for a download-affecting amount of photos, haha!!
My daughters 4th birthday is quickly approaching, and as in the tradition of making my daughters a dress each birthday, Im making her an Anna dress! She is after all, a younger sister!
I started out by googling images of the young Annas dress. I printed out the ones that could show the dress the best.
Then I found the best dress pattern I had to fit the style. It is in a Size 4, which is the size I need. It also has a higher waist, and short sleeves. The skirt of the pattern is gathered, where young Annas dress is A-line. But that can be easily fixed. The sleeves are also plain rather than gathered, but again, I can fix that! I will use the colours of fabric to work a bodice into the top.
Next, I went to my fabric stash and low and behold, I had all the colours in the right amount. I was pretty happy about that! Even the weird light colour, that isnt quite white, cream or green.
So now, I just have to make it!!
Im planning on making it into a tutorial, so stay tuned 🙂